Sunday, January 8, 2012

Addiction without a substance.




Twelve in the night
I reach for my phone
Searching subconsciously for a message
Hoping for a missed call
 Tossing on the bed
Sleepy and sleepless
Feeling like a wildly spirited soul
Creeping through my veins
Messing with my brain
High but not to let go
Always seeking for a fair amount of share
An obsession needing to be there

I call it an addiction without a substance
Constantly requiring doses for my existence 
I am tossing on my bed
So sleepy, yet sleepless
I feel like a wildly spirited soul 
You already creep in my veins but I want a lot more
I am high, but never to let go

Intolerable, still Iseek for a fair amount of share
You are an obsession always needing to be there









4 comments:

abhishek malyala said...

Awesome... you found beautiful words for the expression millions have these days.

Harshika Gudi said...

ahaaa thank a lot MR. :)

Haritha Manasa said...

harshika... I've searched for days and nights for words to describe my tossing around in bed because of sleepless reasons n i have terribly failed...n after reading this i ve found them in this beautifully written poem of your's...

Harshika Gudi said...

Haritha, Am sorry for not seeing your comment early... But thanks for the compliment...
It was only an expression of how I felt...!!